The MCLaSS teaching team are dedicated to teaching a stimulating and enjoyable programme that will help learners to communicate confidently in English and find out about living in New Zealand so that they can participate in community and civic life.
Full Time and Part Time English Classes
We offer two core programmes: Beginner General English (in Wellington) and Workplace English (in Wellington, Porirua and Hutt City).
We also offer a number of short courses for ESOL speakers, including:
- Holiday English classes during term breaks
- ESOL-for-parents classes in partnership with local schools.
- Learner License Driving
- Computer Skills
- Seniors English classes
To enrol, call us on 04-384 3693, email email@example.com, or drop by our office at Level 1, 39 Webb Street, Te Aro, Wellington.
Learner License Language
Two afternoons per week, 2 hours each day
For learners with some basic English, who want to learn English targeted at driving in New Zealand and gaining a learner driver license (suitable for MCLaSS levels 2a and above).
Two mornings per week, 1.5 hours each day
Aimed at learners who are completely or mostly new to using computers, and who speak English as a second language.
Seniors ESOL Class
Two mornings per week, 2.5 hours each day
For learners with little to no English, who are aged 60+. (Equivalent to levels 1a and 1b at MCLaSS).
Beginner General English
For new arrivals who have no or very little English
- 4 levels of general English from absolute beginner to intermediate
- Each course is delivered twice in the year in Wellington
- Equips learners with the language skills for everyday communications, employment and higher level study
- For learners who arrived in NZ with beginner or intermediate English
- 2 levels, with learners enrolled in the most appropriate class for their level
- Each course is delivered twice in the year in Hutt, Porirua and Wellington.
- Equips learners with language skills and job-search and employment culture knowledge for sustainable unskilled and semi-skilled employment.
- NZQA Unit Standards in Health and Safety, Customer Service and more!
Holiday English Classes
- Short courses in the summer and mid-year breaks for re-enrolling and prospective learners in the Wellington Beginner English Courses
- The focus of each course is General English, with trips around Wellington
- Courses are during holidays in January, April, July, and October
- Offered in partnership with local schools, and community centres, in response to needs identified by the communities
- Current partnerships are with Holy Cross Miramar, Berhampore Primary School, St Bernadette’s School in Naenae, and Trinity Union Church in Newtown.
View the MCLaSS Learner Handbook here to find out the rules about studying with MCLaSS.