ESOL Teachers, Computer Class Teacher, Relief Teachers
2-4 mornings per week
Fixed Term position October to December 2017 (with possibility for extension)
Wellington City and Eastern Suburbs
Highly Regarded Not-for-Profit Organisation
Multicultural Learning and Support Services (MCLaSS) is a not for profit organisation that works in Wellington, Hutt Valley and Porirua to ensure adult refugees and migrants have access to the language development, learning and employment opportunities they need to achieve their full social and economic potential. We provide:
- English language courses
- Assistance with the search for work, and;
- Help in identifying English learning needs and developing learning pathways.
At Multicultural Learning Support (MCLaSS), our focus is on helping adults in the Wellington region whose first language is not English through offering free:
- English courses for beginner and elementary levels
- Employment coaching and one on one consultation
- English assessment
Our vision is that all refugees and other migrants have access to the language development and learning and employment opportunities that they need to achieve their full social and economic potential; and that cultural and linguistic identity are appreciated as strengths to be encouraged, enjoyed and valued.
We currently have vacancies for:
1) A teacher for our Empowering Families classes, teaching English to parents for 2-4 mornings per week; and
2) A teacher for our computer classes, for English as a second language speakers who have little to no experience using computers, for 2 mornings per week.
We would welcome applicants for one or both roles, for either 2 or 4 mornings per week.
We also have vacancies for relief teachers for all of our ESOL programmes, who would be called on an as-required basis.
To be successful in this role,
You must have
- A TESOL/TEFL qualification (for Empowering Families classes and ESOL relief teachers)
- Experience teaching absolute beginners and/or beginner English speakers
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and problem solving skills
Desirable (not essential)
- Over 3 years of ESOL teaching experience
- Experience teaching pre-literate adult learners
Applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand.
Full job descriptions are here:
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.. Please apply by Sunday, 24 September.