20 hours per week
Fixed Term position to December 2017 (with possibility for extension)
Wellington City and Porirua
Highly Regarded Not-for-Profit Organisation
Multicultural Learning and Support Service (MCLaSS) is a not for profit organisation that works in Wellington, Hutt Valley and Porirua to ensure adult refugees and migrants have access to the language development, learning and employment opportunities they need to achieve their full social and economic potential. We provide:
- English language courses
- Assistance with the search for work, and;
- Help in identifying English learning needs and developing learning pathways.
Multicultural Learning and Support Services (MCLaSS) is looking for an employment coach with a passion for helping former refugees and migrants.
In this role, you will provide one-to-one and group support to help clients find work and settle successfully in New Zealand.
If you enjoy variety and a fulfilling challenge and have the skills and experience we are looking for, we would like to speak with you.
Required experience and knowledge
- up to date knowledge of resumes, cover letters, and undertaking job interviews
- communicating effectively with people for whom English is a second language
- familiarity with New Zealand employer expectations and requirements such health and safety at work.
- willingness to travel and work outside of normal business hours from time to time
Desirable experience and knowledge
- career coaching and experience in matching job-seekers with suitable vacancies
- current skills shortages and the vocational programmes offered by reputable educational institutions
- familiarity with New Zealand’s immigration visa categories and eligibility requirements
Applicants must have current legal working rights in New Zealand.
Days and times are flexible and open to negotiation. The position is fixed term, to cover for a staff member who has taken a secondment to a different role. However, there is a possibility of continued employment in 2018, dependent on staffing and contract income.
To view the full job description, please click here: employment coach job description
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter outlining what you can bring to the role to email@example.com. For any questions, please contact us on 04-384-3693. Pay rate is commensurate with experience.
Applications close midday on 12 July 2017