Looking for work? Here’s how we can help you!
- If you are a migrant or former refugee
- and English is not your first language
- and you are entitled to work in
- and you have left school
- and you are not studying at a university or polytechnic
- and you are looking for professional work, skilled work or unskilled work
We can help you find a job
RING, EMAIL OR PHONE US TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
- At your first appointment, your employment coach will ask you about yourself and the kind of work you can do and the kind of job you want.
- Then you will meet several times and work together to develop your job-search skills and plan what you will do to make yourself job-ready.
- Your employment coach will stay in touch with you until you get a job and you can ask for more meetings whenever you need them.
- When you get a job, your employment coach will continue to stay in touch with you for the first 6 months so that you can discuss anything about the job that is worrying you or ask for help to sort out a problem.
Here’s how we can help you find work
- Write your CV
- Practice interview skills
- Learn how to job-search
- Understand the requirements of the job you want to apply for
- Learn what New Zealand employers expect
- Learn what to do if you have problems in your job
- Understand how to manage the transition from being unemployed to being employed
- Contact possible employers
- Talk to your employer when there is a problem
Join a group session for job seekers or be a volunteer
- Run group sessions where you can learn from other job-seekers and from employers and other experts.
- Can help you get short-term unpaid jobs that will give you the work experience you need to get a paid job
Contact us today
- Visit, phone or email and give your name and phone number
- Say you want MCLaSS to help you find work
- Then one of our employment coaches will ring you to make an appointment
Visit us here
- Multicultural Services Centre, Level 1, 39 Webb St, Wellington
- Citizens Advice Bureau, corner Queens Drive and Laings Road, Lower Hutt
Email: email@example.com or Phone 04 384 3693